If you are a contact over in Flikr, you know already that I'm working on the Modern Quilt Guild Madrona Road Challenge right now. If you finish your quilt by the end of the month, there's a chance it can go to QuiltCon. I think that would be cool if my quilt could go, since I can't, so I've been using my small bits of spare time to work on this challenge. We received 6 or so 1/8th yards of fabric from the blue/yellow colourway of a fabric line called Madrona Road.
Since I'm a wordy type of person, the first thing I did was read the text print. It is made up of fragments of what could be one or many stories told in fairy tale language. I decided that I wanted to do a quilt that did the same thing visually - took some of my favorite images from the text and made them into scenes.
Before I left for the sew-in on Saturday, I had this done:
And when I got back, I had this done:
The other problem was that I didn't do the house roof the way sarah taught us during sarah and molly's free piecing study, as I didn't have enough blue fabric. Instead I messed around with the sides of the roof for about an hour sewing and un-picking and sewing and un-picking again.