I have been trying to finish this Madrona Road quilt, and it has been making me a little crazy. I'm not big on lots of negative space, but I decided to play around with it so I could work with the idea of the blocks being fragmented, like the text in the text print.
I got all the white strips and squares cut out and placed them on my flannel-backed tablecloth that I had laid out on the floor as a design wall. I started stitching them together, with high hopes I could get them finished that night. At around 12am I was about half way there and thought I might be able to finish by 1am. And then Emma woke up. Then Owen woke up. Then Emma woke up AGAIN. It was now about 1:30, and I knew I wasn't going to get the quilt done. So I picked up the tablecloth to move the quilt pieces out of the middle of my floor, so it didn't get trampled in the morning . . . and they all fell off the tablecloth.
As you can imagine, there was some cursing. I had about 25 white strips and squares of various lengths (unmarked, of course, because I was in a hurry) drifting across the dark floor.
Well, I went to bed. I put the finished parts and the blocks on my design wall in my bedroom so they didn't get wrinkled beyond repair, and left the rest on a pile. I didn't have the heart to put them back together until Sunday night. On Tuesday, I took advantage of the cold snap and the fact that Emma was pretty content after having friends over in the morning and I finally finished the quilt top:
Its small, but its done and right now that's what matters. Now on to some quilting......