Monday, March 4, 2013

Three Days Down, Six to Go . . .

In most parts of Canada, this week is Spring Break. Don't let the moniker deceive you - Spring is far, far away from Montreal. In Canada, Spring Break is actually get-away-to-somewhere-sunny-so-you-make-it-to-spring break. Well, we have limited funds this year, so for us it is just pretend-its-spring break.

In any case, so far we have had a lot of fun. Andrew and Aaron are so happy to be home after a busy February full of extra appointments and cold stuck-inside weather. But I'm getting a little worried - we've already watched two movies, set up and attempted to sleep in a tent in the living room, had two snowball fights, baked cookies and pancakes, played lego, re-arranged the playmobil castle, had a friend over, and had a hero factory battle. Not to mention discovering the true origin of Skeletor's skeleton face (inquiring minds, apparently, wanted to know) and researching Martin Luther King Jr (because some teachers can't actually let their students have a break on Spring Break).

I am a little nervous that I won't be able to keep up this pace, although I haven't actually been doing a lot of work so far. I've planned an activity or playdate for every day between now and Thursday. If we're still up for it we can go and see the Peru exhibit at the Art Gallery on Friday, but I'm wondering if I'll last that long.

If I don't, I've stocked up on marbles, finger paints, styrofoam balls (to add to our random craft stuff bin), and there is always salt dough or paper mache. We have ingredients in the house to make pizza and cookies and pancakes. Not to mention Netflix and the new DS game I've been saving since Christmas . . . so I guess I've got things covered. I'm hoping to wear them out earlier in the week and then let them chill out and make stuff for the last few days before they have to go back to school.

Wish me luck - it might be an amazing week. Or it might just be a very, very long week.

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. Our break is next week....I'm sure that my boys will want to spend the time parked in front of their games....and my husband will want to clean attics and closets. I will be happy to have them all together under one roof, even if it is for just a little while.

    ReplyDelete